Our mental and physical health are directly connected, and we cannot completely obtain one without the other.
This section has a few tips for those of you who want to start on the path to a higher level of physical health and/or lose some weight.
So, here are some tips to lose 2 to 4 inches off your waist in about 30 days:
First, I recommend a good cleanse. A cleanse will reset your body (intestines, kidneys, liver, colon, blood, skin, metabolism, palate…) back to a healthy state. A good cleanse will also prepare you well for a new beginning or lifestyle change. It will also help you lose unwanted weight.
- Eat a snack containing protein at 3 PM. Do not miss it! This will boost your metabolism and balance your blood sugar; furthermore, eating every three to four hours will keep your blood sugar leveled – the lower you keep your blood sugar, the lower you keep your insulin, and insulin makes you store fat around your middle.
- Drink a gallon of water with lemon a day (or as close to it as you can). It is a myth that a gallon of water a day is too much water and will damage your body. I weigh 102 pounds, and I drink it. It doesn’t hurt you; it cleanses your body, makes your skin glow, and the lemon in it helps you lose fat and cleanse your liver and organs. It has more benefits, and I will dedicate a blog to it.
- Eat as close to zero grams of sugar as possible. This will keep insulin levels low and also keep levels of glucagon high. Glucagon, a hormone, is the best friend you could ever have in the struggle for a flat belly! “Picture Ms. Pac-Man traveling around your waistline, gobbling up fat to be used as energy. That is glucagon. The closer to zero grams of sugar you consume, the lower your insulin and the higher your glucagon… it’s as simple as that.” – Jorge Cruise, author of The Belly Fat Cure
- Add boxing to your weekly exercise routine. When you throw punches with weights or at a fast pace, you’re working your core in a way that helps to flatten your stomach area. You must engage your core to throw punches, and twisting your torso works all the ab muscles.”Boxing also gives you a cardio workout that burns extra calories. Add 16 minutes of boxing three times a week to your regular cardio routine (30 minutes at high intensity four to five times a week), and you can lose up to 2 inches from your waist in four weeks. Simply throw punches while holding 1- or 2-pound weights for 8 minutes, alternating arms, then repeat without weights at a faster pace for 8 more minutes.” – Michael Olajide Jr. and Leila Fazel, co-founders of Aerospace High Performance Center in New York City.
- Lift! Lifting weight grows our muscles which in turn burns more fat than if you only did cardio! According to a study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, “Women who pumped iron twice a week for two years lost more body fat and didn’t gain as much belly fat as women who didn’t lift.” Plus, in my opinion, your butt, back, legs, and arms will look way much sexier if you exercise them with resistance than if you only do cardio.
- Say no to gluten for 10 days, and see how you feel. I remember when I eliminated gluten from my diet for 30 days how a lot of things changed. I could focus better, I slept better, I felt lighter and happier, I was energized, my skin was clearer (I had random skin rashes in both my arms), and my bloating and belly fat disappeared. Here is what gluten does to us:
- Gluten causes inflammation (chronic)
- Gluten generates mucus in our intestines which grow bacteria
- Gluten makes our internal PH more acidic which is perfect environment for many diseases to grow
- Gluten can cause Dermatitis Herpetiformis (DH) which is a skin condition causing a very itchy rash.
What are some things you do to have great health? Share them with us in the comment section!
I wish you the best with your health!